The Nord-Lock Group is a pioneer in innovative bolting solutions and we’re always looking for new challenges to overcome. If you’re experiencing a bolting issue, you can rely on us find the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
If one of our existing tools cannot be modified, we will design and manufacture equipment to suit. This can be supplied to fit any size of bolt and deliver any load requirement. We have produced tensioners for bolts ranging in size from M8 to over M400. Designs are usually completed within a few days with production timescales dependent on the size of the order. Whatever the requirement, Boltight is committed to offering a fast turnaround.
Modifications to standard tools
For many applications, the best approach is to adapt one of our existing tools to meet a customer's specification. This might involve manufacturing the tensioner with a special threaded section, a different puller bar or a cutout to clear adjoining nuts or weld bead. Modifications like these to stock items can be turned around quickly with minimal or zero cost penalty.
- All types of materials
- Any size or load requirements
- Special applications
- Designs for different environmental conditions
- All pressure ranges
- Quick delivery
Custom-designed for simultaneous tensioning, this tool reduces installation time compared to individual tooling. It also reduces the number of hydraulic hoses and connections needed.
- Application specific designs
- Offers time savings over individual tools (important for nuclear industry, subsea)
- Spring retraction
- Gear driven sockets
- Increased stroke
- Higher load / compact designs
- Positive stop
- Strong and robust design ensures durability and long operation life
- Lightweight design ensures ease of use
- Precise engineering offers smooth, trouble-free operation
- Composite material seals for easy piston retraction
Testing & Certification
Boltight is LRQA certified for quality and environmental assurance to ISO 9001:2015. All tools are assembled, filled with oil and pressure tested prior to despatch.
- Tensioning Division Leaflet
- Boltight Data Sheet - Introduction to Hydraulic Tensioning
- Blotlight Data Sheet - Air Pressure Calculation Information
- Boltight Data Sheet - Oil Pressure Calculation Sheet
- Boltight - Lloyd's Register ISO 9001:2015
- Boltight Customer Case - MST for Nuclear Steam Generator
- Boltight Customer Case - Subsea Innovation EPRS System
- Boltight Customer Case - Doosan Nuclear Reactor Pressure Vessel Tooling